Our site credo is: Listen up. Learn. Contribute. Link Early. Link Often. Be civil.
As May 6, 2014, JFK Facts has a new comment policy:
- Comments must pertain to the subject of the original post.
- All comments are reviewed before publication by the moderator or someone designated by him.
- Only comments that the moderators think will advance the conversation and enhance the reader experience will be approved.
- Consecutive comments from the same reader will not be posted
- The Front Page Sidebar Rule: No comment will be published that results in the commenter’s name appearing three times in the “What Readers Are Saying” sidebar on the front page,
- Commenters who use language deemed uncivil by the Comment editor or the site editor will have their comments put on 48 hour delay until such time as the offender acknowledges the offense or the Comments Editor sees fit to remove the delay.
- The best comments are elevated to the site blog.
- Preference is given to comments that include links to, or citations of, credible sources.
- Commenters are welcome to submit their thoughts as posts for publication in the site blog
- Comments that are more than 500 words long will not be considered.
- Comments expressed IN ALL CAPS will not be considered.
The new comment policy will be reviewed for practicality and effectiveness and is subject to further change. Comments, questions and suggestions are welcome.
We are always looking for contributors who can write factually, knowledgeably and fairly on the subject of JFK’s assassination. Original research is especially welcome. Our only litmus test is factuality, with an ability to be civil and reasoned.
See the Contributors page for more information about how to become one.