Thomas, a high school student in Illinois, is writing a research paper on conspiracy theories including JFK, Area 51, and the Illuminati.
He sent along these questions.
JFK Facts answers questions for high school and college all the time.
ANY student who has questions about the JFK story should feel free to ask me via email.
1. What caused you to become interested in conspiracy theories?
I’m not interested in conspiracy theories. I don’t have a JFK conspiracy theory, never have, never will I’m interested in the facts of what happened on November 22, 1963. The facts of Area 51 are more interesting than the theories about it put together. As for the Illuminati, I think they were swell people. In general I only talk about conspiracy theories in bars and the only when somebody else is picking up the tab.
2. Do you have any memory of John F. Kennedy’s assassination when it happened?
I do. I was in kindergarten in University City, Missouri a suburb of St. Louis. I remember a lot people watching the black and white TV at my house that weekend.
3. How did Americans respond to JFK’s death?
Shock and amazement and grief and confusion and suspicion.
4. Why do you believe John F. Kennedy was assassinated?
Because of his policies.
5. Do you agree or disagree that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman? Why or why not?
I find it hard to believe that Oswald alone killed the president. The fact that he was killed in police custody is the strongest evidence something else was going on. There are real questions about whether Oswald was in the 6th floor window and the chain of custody linking him to the rfile found on the 6th floor. The backward motion of the President Kennedy’s head on the Zapruder film means a shot from in front of the presidential motorcade cannot be ruled out.
6. Do you believe the government had anything to do with JFK’s assassination? Why or why not?
If the president was killed by a conspiracy, then government employees were involved. The CIA was responsible for the failure to take normal security measures around Oswald. Why Oswald received such unusual treatment by top CIA official in months and weeks before JFK’s assassination has never been explained by the CIA.
7. Based on your knowledge, who do you believe killed JFK and what was their motive?
That question cannot be answered based on the available evidence. If Kennedy was killed by a conspiracy, the perpetrators sought to thwart his dovish policies on Cuba. They were successful.