Tony Cuesta, anti-Castro fighter with a JFK story
The National Archives’ long-awaited release of JFK assassination files, which began on Monday, has some holes in it.
At least 12 CIA documents that were supposed to be released online Monday are still in the possession of the Agency, according to the Archives.
Among the missing documents are ten pages of notes on the FBI/Army Intelligence file of Tony Cuesta, an anti-Castro militant who implicated a Cuban exile marksman in the assassination of JFK.
The CIA also retains a 47-page file on Cuesta, which is supposed to be released this year, according to the National Archives online database.
The omission of the Cuesta file and 11 other documents from this week’s release was inadvertent, according to archivist James Mathis.
In an email to JFK Facts, Mathis wrote.
Since the premiere of the Cuban-Brazilian TV documentary, ZR Rifle, on November 27, 1993, the former head and current historian of Cuban State Security General Fabian Escalante has said that Cuban exiles Herminio Diaz and Eladio del Valle, along with three American mobsters: Richard Gaines [Cain], Lenny Patrick, and Dave Yara were the shooters at Dealey Plaza.
What’s the basis for Escalante’s story? Read more
Reinaldo Martinez’s JFK story
A Cuban-American man has said a leading anti-Castro fighter identified a mutual friend as having admitted he took part in the assassination of President Kennedy. Reinaldo Martinez, who made the allegation in this video interview with JFK author Anthony Summers, named the man who admitted involvement as Herminio Diaz.
Is the story, picked up last month in the online Daily Mail, credible?
Summers, author of “Not In Your Lifetime,” notes the story is hearsay. Martinez, now deceased, admitted he had no proof it was true, only that the anti-Castro fighter who told him the story.
JFK Facts has discovered that the CIA retains two secret files on the source of Martinez’s story. The agency says the files are “not believed relevant” to JFK’s assassination.