Kerry calls for opening JFK files

The Secretary of State made his comments to Parade magazine.
John Kerry: “But I think, after a certain period of time, and that period of time may well have passed, it is totally appropriate for a country like the United States to open up the files on whatever history can be shed light on. I think that is appropriate. It has to be done in the right way, by the right entities or people, but certainly by a valid historian or for some valid analysis; I think that everybody would benefit.”

8 comments

1. Hans Trayne says:

If Secretary Of State Kerry can bring about full disclosure & transparency on the withheld JFK files & decides to run for President in 2016 I will not hesitate to vote for him.

Such a enormously important global accomplishment will free Jeff Morley from continuing to struggle with the CIA & I do hope Mr. Kerry (as President) can find a position for Jeff somewhere in his cabinet should Mr. Kerry be able to take that burden off Jeff’s shoulders.

This is enormously positive news & demonstrates Mr. Kerry cares about the global public as much as Jeff does in matters involving truth.

2. John Kirsch says:

Pure speculation but what may be happening here is that Kerry is laying the groundwork for the government to finally “come clean” 50 years after the assassination. The problem is, how would we really know that the government is releasing ALL of the relevant documents? The government has been hiding the truth for half a century. Why would it all of a sudden change course? I can’t see any logical reason for it to do that.

• Clarence Carlson says:

I’m inclined to agree. If there ever is a “next level” of information released it will only serve to move suspicion of direct involvement into the shadows. Perhaps we’ll hear that the intelligence agencies had a lapse of control over Oswald’s activities or something along those lines. “Maybe we could have done more” will likely be the new mantra. Truth will always be the victim of our military-industrial-intelligence complex.

• Hans Trayne says:

I’m a believer in giving a person(s) a chance to show what they are made of before predicting what I think they are made of. One could easily state that all journalists are corrupted by Allen Dulles’ ‘Operation Mockingbird’ & placing Jeff Morley in that classification.

This website and the unprecedented struggle Jeff Morley continues to bring transparency in the JFK murder is living proof pre-judging what a person will or won’t do is just plain wrong.

Stating that the ‘next level’ of released information will be pushing the truth more into the shadows indicates not only a suspicion and mistrust of all government officials but in effect places them all in in a pre-judged ‘dishonest’ category; something you haven’t given any one person a chance to demonstrate you wrong. Also something you would not appreciate if you were placed in that same category by someone who had predicted your actions, ethics or morals in advance of you doing what your mission in life. My opinion.

• John Kirsch says:

I think you’re cutting the government more slack than it deserves. If you haven’t read the post “Present at the cover-up: investigator recounts how a CIA man stonewalled Congress,” I suggest you give it a close reading. The government has been acting in bad faith re: 11/22 for 50 years. As the post I mentioned documents, the CIA in particular has obstructed efforts to get at the truth. Even now the agency clings to relevant documents. In light of these facts, I don’t know how you can justify giving the government the benefit of the doubt.

• Neil says:

I agree. This seems like a trial balloon

3. DR says:

Trial balloon for sure.
    Remember, it was Kerry that floated the “trial balloon” about dealing with the Russians over Syrian chemical weapons. Now it is in practice.
    No matter how smug Kerry sounds, he knows where the bones are buried (or “Bonesmen”).
    His Senate hearings on narcotics and terrorism revealed more than the Iran-Contra investigation itself.