E. Howard Hunt was a career CIA officer known for his prolific prose and conservative politics. In 1961, he was a leader of the CIA’s failed effort to invade Cuba at the Bay of Pigs. Embittered by what he regarded as President Kennedy’s failure to support the invasion, Hunt wrote a book “Give Us This Day,” in which castigated JFK’s Cuba policy as “shame-faced.”
Was Hunt involved in a JFK assassination conspiracy?
His son St. John Hunt thought so. But the question cannot be answered definitively because the CIA retains six files containing 332 pages of material on Hunt, according to the National Archives’ online JFK data base,
Late in life Hunt made cryptic remarks to St. John Hunt about a possible CIA plot to kill JFK in 1963, which he called “the Big Event.”
Hunt’s comments to his son can be heard on YouTube,
Hunt was a convicted burglar and an all-round scoundrel so his comments about JFK have to be regarded skeptically.
JFK Most Wanted List
(The most important government records related to JFK’s assassination that remain secret)
1) The Bill Harvey files (April 29, 2014)
2) The David Phillips operational files (May 6, 2014)
3) The Yuri Nosenko interrogation files (May 13, 2014)
4) 84 NSA documents related to JFK’s assassination (May 22, 2014)
5) The Church Committee assassination transcripts (May 31, 2014)